Fall is here! The weather is getting cooler and the days are getting longer! If you have been reading here for a while you will know that I love family nights! This is such a wonderful way to connect with your kids!
They love the time you and your spouse focus totally on them. No work, no phones, nothing but games, events, or just plain family togetherness. This is such a great time to get to know your kids even more and to have great conversations! Every season I love to share some ideas for family nights and I wanted to make sure you had a good list for this fall season!
1. Take a Night Hay Ride together – This can be so much fun, you can find out about these in your community papers! Or if you own a lot of land do one yourself!
2. Board Games – Board games bring out so many great things in family. Great time to get cozy and play your favorite games! If you have a fireplace, sit in front of the fire, it will make it even cozier!
3. Visit a Pumpkin Patch – You may have to change your family night into a day for this one but pumpkin patches are SO much fun! Let everyone take a pumpkin home!
4. Make Candy Apples or any Fall Treat -There are so many fall recipes on pinterest! You can find something special for the whole family to pitch in and make!
5. A Fire pit Night – We just did this one recently. You can cook something on the fire (we roasted hot dogs and heated up canned Cincinnati Chili) or just make s’mores. Great way to have conversations!
7. Fall Festival – They are usually at your local churches or community centers and many are FREE!
8. Movie Nights – I have so many memories of the great movies my family have watched together on family nights. We always get out the blankets, make the popcorn, and cuddle in for a night of movie watching. Now with Netflix and Redbox, it is so easy to have a great movie night! If you are new to family nights, this is an easy one to start with!!!
9. Themed Fall Dinner – You can have all kinds of fall themed activities including crafts and treats.
10. Take a Scenic Drive or Nature Walk – For most of us the fall season is beautiful and the color or the leaves changing is just amazing! A wonderful way to appreciate how creative our God is!! Enjoy it as a family!
Get Your Printable!
Sign up to get your free fall printable to help you enjoy the season with your family!