I wanted to talk about being intentional with your children in their spiritual lives during this series. If we want our children to grow up knowing God we need to be intentional with our faith!
I thought Sunday would be a great day to do these posts for so the next four Sunday’s will cover a different spiritual topic!
Prayer is such an important part of our relationship with God. It is our lifeline to HIM! It is the way we communicate with the ONE who loves us most and it is a gift! If anyone would ever come and take away our churches, our Bibles, our journals, or any spiritual material thing we have, they still cannot rob us of prayer! We can pray to God anytime about anything!
There are 5 Things I want to Teach My Children about Prayer:
1. You can pray anywhere and anytime. God is always there, always listening, and always wanting to hear from HIS children!
2. Always Praise Him – The best way to start and end a prayer is PRAISE! HE is worthy of it and everything we are and have and hoped to be is because of HIM!
3. Prayer is not about asking as much is it’s about personal relationship – I want my kids to know they can pray about anything and any request but prayer should be more about personal relationship. It is where we can feel close to God and HE wants to hear from us. If there are two strangers in a room and we start up a great conversation with one and ignore the other which one will we have a relationship with once we leave? Of course the one we talk to. We can’t grow our relationship with HIM if we spend no time with HIM!
4. Nothing is too small – do you know how many times I spent the day looking for keys or some lost item and then all of a sudden I decide to pray about it. God cares even about our smallest burdens! HE really does. Give it all to him!!
5. Prayer changes everything – Prayer is POWERFUL! I believe God can still heal the sick, perform miracles beyond our wildest dreams and change lives that seem unchangeable. Prayer works and it is amazing to watch it! It can grow your faith like nothing else!
Chore List Printable
Sign up to get your free chore printable that gives you age appropriate chores for your children.